Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS YOUR LAY-AWAY POLICY?
* Lay-aways are offered on request.
* We ask for 1/3 down, 1/3 due in one month, 1/3 due in 2 months.
* Other arrangements may be made - please contact me for a request.
WHAT IS YOUR PRODUCT GUARANTEE?
* Everything we sell is guaranteed to be 100% authentic and as described.
* If a mistake is made we will accept a return and refund your purchase price, plus any shipping cost incurred by you.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURNS POLICY?
* We will accept a return for any reason, as long as it is in the same condition as when purchased.
* We want you to be completely happy with anything you buy from us
* Buyer pays for return shipping.
DO YOU OFFER DEALER DISCOUNTS?
* Yes. We offer dealer pricing to dealers with a valid resale certificate.
* For dealer pricing, please contact me via email or phone: email@example.com, (203) 912-5522.
* Any item may sell through the shopping cart system during our discussions, but items will be marked sold once a commitment to purchase by a dealer is made, even if payment has not been received.
WHAT IS YOUR SHIPPING POLICY?
* We offer free shipping within the US on many items.
* A flat shipping fee will be charged on large or heavy items.
* Sale items will have a shipping fee.
* If there is a shipping fee it will be shown in the product description.
* We normally ship within one business day of purchase.
WHERE DO YOUR ITEMS COME FROM?
* I have a large personal collection which I am paring down.
* I am out in the marketplace constantly, visiting shows, auctions, private sales, and house calls.
* Almost all of my items have a New England origin, and date from the 18th and 19th centuries
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION ON THE ITEMS YOU SELL?
* I have been a collector and dealer all of my adult life, and I have always focused on country antiques and primitives.
* I have a large research library which I use extensively.
* I know many experts in the field whom I also rely on for information.
* I always try to determine provenance of the pieces I buy.
HOW CAN I PAY?
* We accept all major credit and debit cards, PayPal, and personal checks.
* The site has an automatic check-out system using a shopping cart, where you can enter your payment information. THIS IS A SECURE PAYMENT SITE.
* If you prefer not to use the check-out system we can send you an invoice which you can then pay any way you wish.
IF I PUT AN ITEM IN THE SHOPPING CART IS IT RESERVED FOR ME?
* NO! The item is marked sold only after payment has been made through the shopping cart, or a verbal commitment to buy has been made and acknowledged by me.
* If you do not wish to use the shopping cart, email or call me asap, (firstname.lastname@example.org, (203) 912-5522). I can mark an item sold manually.
* Whoever makes payment first , or commits to buying first, gets the item.
DO YOU HAVE A SHOP I CAN VISIT?
* We do not have a shop.
* We sell only online.
* We are happy to provide extra photos of any piece of interest.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU OFFER NEW ITEMS?
* We normally update the site once a month. To get advance notice of updates, please go to the link on the home page.
* We usually offer a new blog post about once a month also, and sometimes add items related to the blog at that time. Notices of blog posts are also sent to our mailing list.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE SALES?
* We usually have a site-wide sale only once a year, just after the holidays.
* We sometimes have a SALE section on the site. These items change frequently, without notice, so best to check in.