Guaranteed Authentic Country Antiques
Connecticut Country Antiques
Carole Conn ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ (203) 912-5522
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS YOUR LAY-AWAY POLICY?
* Lay-aways are offered on request.
* We ask for 1/3 down, 1/3 due in one month, 1/3 due in 2 months.
* Other arrangements may be made - please contact me for a request. I cannot offer lay-aways on discounted items.
WHAT IS YOUR PRODUCT GUARANTEE?
* Everything we sell is guaranteed to be 100% authentic and as described.
* If a mistake is made we will accept a return and refund your purchase price, plus any shipping cost incurred by you.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURNS POLICY?
* We will accept a return for any reason, as long as it is in the same condition as when purchased.
* We want you to be completely happy with anything you buy from us
* Buyer pays for return shipping.
DO YOU OFFER DEALER DISCOUNTS?
* Yes. I offer dealer pricing to dealers with a valid resale certificate.
I do not offer dealer pricing on the day of an update. Lay-aways are not available on discounted items.
* For dealer pricing, please contact me via email or phone: email@example.com, (203) 912-5522.
* Any item may sell through the shopping cart system during our discussions, but items will be marked sold once a commitment to purchase by a dealer is made, even if payment has not been received.
WHAT IS YOUR SHIPPING POLICY?
* We can no longer offer free shipping on most items because of increased shipping costs.
* A flat shipping fee is charged on items, calculated by weight and distance to mid -country. Combined shipping is always an option with exact cost charged. All items are shipped insured.
* The shipping fee is shown in the product description.
* We normally ship within one business day of purchase.
WHERE DO YOUR ITEMS COME FROM?
* I have a large personal collection which I am paring down.
* I am out in the marketplace constantly, visiting shows, auctions, private sales, and house calls.
* Almost all of my items have a New England origin, and date from the 18th and 19th centuries
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION ON THE ITEMS YOU SELL?
* I have been a collector and dealer all of my adult life, and I have always focused on country antiques and primitives.
* I have a large research library which I use extensively.
* I know many experts in the field whom I also rely on for information.
* I always try to determine provenance of the pieces I buy.
HOW CAN I PAY?
* We accept all major credit and debit cards, PayPal, and personal checks.
* The site has an automatic check-out system using a shopping cart, where you can enter your payment information. THIS IS A SECURE PAYMENT SITE.
* If you prefer not to use the check-out system we can send you an invoice which you can then pay any way you wish.
IF I PUT AN ITEM IN THE SHOPPING CART IS IT RESERVED FOR ME?
* NO! The item is marked sold only after payment has been made through the shopping cart, or a verbal commitment to buy has been made and acknowledged by me.
* If you do not wish to use the shopping cart, email or call me asap, (firstname.lastname@example.org, (203) 912-5522). I can mark an item sold manually.
* Whoever makes payment first , or commits to buying first, gets the item.
DO YOU HAVE A SHOP I CAN VISIT?
* We do not have a shop.
* We sell only online.
* We are happy to provide extra photos of any piece of interest.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU OFFER NEW ITEMS?
* We normally update the site every 3 weeks on Tuesday at noon eastern. Update time and date will be posted on the website home page about a week ahead of time.
* We offer a new blog posts at random, when the spirit moves me, and sometimes add items related to the blog at that time. Notices of blog posts are also sent to our mailing list.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE SALES?
* We usually have a site-wide sale only once a year, just after the holidays.
* We sometimes have a SALE section on the site. These items change frequently, without notice, so best to check in.